Outlook application of Microsoft is designed to send and receive emails from other email clients. However, sometimes Outlook will behave weird and displays weird Outlook problems. The external emails will not land in the inbox. Mostly the users will be able to send email messages from these accounts; just the incoming emails are blocked. Outlook tech support has the procedure for solving the Outlook problems with email landing.
Troubleshooting steps for Outlook problems
These steps if followed properly will resolve the issue. The steps are as follows:
- Open Microsoft Outlook by double-clicking on the icon on the desktop.
- Click on Tools, located on the top menu of Microsoft Outlook. From the drop-down menu, click Accounts.
- Click on the Mail tab. A list of accounts that are set up to use in this particular copy of Microsoft Outlook will be displayed.
- Double-click on whichever email account is having trouble sending email through Outlook.
- Click on the General tab.
- Double-check all of the settings to make sure the right email addresses are in place. A spelling error may prevent the emails from being able to successfully send or receive emails.
- Click on the Servers tab. Check the Account Name. You need to make sure that you use the full email address.
- Log on to the webmail.
- Go through the inbox and delete any emails that are obviously spammed or have no Fromaddress when you open them. These anonymous
emails will cause Microsoft Outlook to hang, and prevent it from receiving any emails from the outside webmail.
- Check the settings on any new anti-virus or firewall software installed on your system. You may need to go into the firewall program and instruct it to allow Microsoft Outlook to access the internet before you’ll be able to receive emails.
- The process varies depending on which anti-virus or firewall software has been installed on the system.
- Click Send/Receive. If you still can’t receive email, you’ll need to contact Microsoft tech support with the code corresponding the error message.
If the issue persists, copy the error message number or the whole message and check in the Microsoft support site. The forum will have an explanation and fix for the issue. If not, the tech team will provide you the best solution.