Microsoft applications usually run smoothly with Microsoft Windows operating systems. While Using a Vista operating system, you are more likely to experience problems with MS Outlook program. Are you experiencing Outlook problems after upgrading your operating system to Vista? Are you worried about resolving your Outlook problems? No worries my friend! All you need is the right guidelines. This article will help you resolve your Outlook problems by following our technical support teams procedures.
Guidelines to resolve Outlook problems
1) To start off with the procedure to resolve your Outlook problems, check the version of Microsoft Outlook that is installed on your computer. It is to be noted that Vista only supports certain versions of Outlook. They are Outlook versions 2003 and 2007 respectively.
2) In order to find out which version of Outlook you use, please follow the instructions given below:
- Open your Outlook Program, find the “Help” menu and “click” on it. This is located at the top right corner of the Outlook toolbar.
- Select “About Microsoft Outlook” option. Now look for the version you are using at the top of the window.
3) If you are not using the correct versions mentioned above, immediately update it to 2003 or 2007 to resolve the Outlook problems.
What if this doesn’t solve the problem?
The Windows technical support team points out that even if you update the Outlook program to 2003 or 2007 versions, you may experience other problems such as compatibility issues. The Windows tech support team insists you upgrade to Outlook 2007 by purchasing the application from the Microsoft Website or a Microsoft vendor. This will resolve the compatibility issue in Windows Vista.
This article provides guidelines to resolve the Outlook problems in Windows Vista. Hope this article helped in resolving your Outlook problems.