This article discusses the steps to configure the Outlook program with MES (Microsoft Exchange Server) without encountering any Outlook problems. You may also contact the Microsoft support if you need further clarification on the steps.
Configure With MES
- Press on the Start button, select Control Panel and double click on the Mail icon.
- Open the Outlook program, click on the File menu at the top of the window and select Info. Next to Account Settings, you will be able to locate a drop-down menu, click on it and select Account Settings – Add Account from the options. Type in your name and email address to the respective fields, confirm your password and click on the button near to Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Press the Next button.
- From the available options, select Microsoft Exchange and click on the Next button. Under the heading Microsoft Exchange Settings, type MES information in the box near to Microsoft Exchange server and select the box below Use Cached Exchange Mode. After typing your email address in the User Name box, click on the More Settings button.
- Click once on the Connections tab and select the box Connect using my Local Area Network (LAN), and then select Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP. Click the Exchange Proxy Settings tab and type in the URL in the box under the heading Connection Settings. Check the box next to Connect using SSL only and Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. Also, check both the boxes near Fast and slow networks.
- Under the heading Proxy authentication settings, select NTLM Authentication and click the OK button. Now click the Check Name button and enter your credentials like email address, name, password etc to the corresponding fields. Click on the Next button when the authentication process is completed. Click on OK, then Apply and then on Finish. Close all the Outlook windows and reopen them. The program will prompt you again for the log in details.
These are the steps to configure the Outlook 2010 program without getting any Outlook problems. You can also refer to the Outlook support module of the Microsoft web site to know more on the steps. More details on the steps are provided in the official web site of Microsoft. If you need further help, you may also contact the Microsoft support team.Google+