If you have followed our previous posts regarding the Outlook problems caused by a Mediacom email account, we will then have covered the inbound email rejection issues by Mediacom. Today we will look into the connectivity and other issues with the Mediacom email accounts. As you know, Mediacom allows the users to have up to 11 email accounts and configuring these to Outlook makes it easier in handling. The issues occur if the primary email is not created during the installation of the Mediacom Internet service. Even if the primary email is not created during the installation, it can be setup in later stage. Outlook tech support says that if the user happens to have trouble in setting up the Mediacom email accounts with Outlook, it can be resolved easily.
Outlook 2010 Cannot Connect to My Mediacom E-mail Account
Outlook tech support explains that if the users are facing problems with Outlook 2010 to connect to the Mediacom email account, the given troubleshooting steps can be used. The steps are as follows:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to the File tab.
- Click the Account Settings button then select Account Settings.
- Select the Mediacom e-mail account.
- Click Change.
- Re-enter the Mediacom e-mail address and password in the appropriate boxes to confirm that they are entered correctly.
- Check the box next to Remember Password.
- Click More Settings. Go to the Server tab.
- Verify that the Incoming mail (POP3) and the Outgoing mail (SMTP) addresses are both listed as mail.mediacombb.net.
- Make sure there is a check mark next to the Outgoing Server My Server Requires Authentication box.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Verify that the Incoming Mail (POP3) port number is listed as 995, and that the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) port number is listed as 465.
- Make that the sure boxes next to This Server Requires A Secure Connection (SSL) are checked.
- Click OK to save the new settings. Click Next. Click Finish.
These steps will resolve the issues with the connectivity of Outlook 2010 with the Mediacom email account. If the issue was not resolved, contact the Outlook or Mediacom tech team for further assistance. They will help you in fixing the issue.
Hope the information of this article was helpful to you.Google+