The Internet today is seen as an integral part of our life, which has entered our reality. The Internet allows you to bring people closer to each other, regardless of distances and national differences. Communication in the Internet often replaces traditional communication. We can give a lot of examples when people met online and their communication grew into a serious relationship.
Tips and tricks of proper communication in the Internet
In order to make communication interesting, you must follow certain rules and listen to some recommendations. It would be wrong to think that the absence of censorship and restrictions in the Internet makes communication simple and effortless.
How to make communication comfortable and interesting to each other? It is worth following our recommendations:
- it is worth being always friendly and positive. In the Internet, you can meet people inadequate and unpleasant. You should just ignore them;
- try not to be angry with your interlocutors. There are still more good people;
- online discussions can be interesting. The main thing is that they do not develop into an exchange of threats and insults. Remember that they can simply provoke you;
- use the manner of communication and the vocabulary that are accepted in the service you use. Always try to respond to incoming messages;
- write in a correspondence or speak in a video chat competently. Before sending the written message, re-read it;
- if you want to joke, remember that good humor should be clear not only to you, but to everyone around you;
- be patient and condescending. Do not keep pauses between answers too long;
- try to express your thoughts clearly. Do not make too long where you can lose the main idea.
Common mistakes in online communication
What can hurt your interlocutor? Here you can note mistakes that are made only in the Internet.
We highlight seven the most common mistakes:
- do not be too intrusive. Nobody likes obsession. Do not ask too many questions, think, what if he simply does not have time to answer them;
- do not use words that are not widely known;
- do not be monotonous. The monotony and your communication will soon become boring and uninteresting;
- do not abuse information that is interesting only to you. Your interlocutor can get tired of the information that you are trying to explain;
- there is no need to constantly complain about something. When you spread the negative, it will come back to you;
- do not be narcissistic. Do not turn your page in a social group into your icon;
- do not try to advertise something in online communication for yourself or for your friends.