Microsoft Outlook email client is an extremely useful program with a wide variety of features. Although it supports many features, you will have to know how to make use of them so you can use Outlook to the best of your advantage. Before you move on to using Calendar and Contacts functionalities, learn all the different nuances of email formatting and different ways of sending emails so you can get your work done with minimum effort. Learning about the different Outlook problems and help features, the user will be able to work while maintaining good productivity.
Scrolling marquee is a text that runs along the display, either vertically or horizontally. It is a nifty little feature because your email recipients will immediately read the text first. You can use this feature to send out important information that requires immediate attention. Although it was enabled in earlier versions, the scrolling marquee is no longer supported by Microsoft Outlook. However, the Signature feature in Outlook can be modified to display up to six lines of text or graphics that scrolls vertically.
Here’s what you need to do
- Open Outlook, click on Tools menu, and select the Options sub-menu from inside it.
- Click on the Mail Format tab and then locate the Message format From inside the drop-down menu, select HTML as the desired email format. This email format is best suited for displaying scrolling signatures.
- Click on the Signatures button from inside the section with the same name and then click on the email signature for which you desire to insert scrolling text. Click on Edit button and copy and paste the following HTML code inside the text box. <marquee>Type the text you want to scroll here.</marquee>
- You can even format the scrolling text by using the HTML code, <font size=”6″ face=”arial” color=green><marquee behavior=scroll height=18 width=220 bgcolor=black>Type the text you want to scroll here.</marquee></font>. You can change the font size and the font itself by changing the values inside the appropriate fields.
- Once you have made the required changes, click on OK to save your settings.
If you have made these steps, you will be able to send marquee signatures to all email recipients. This space can be changed from time to time to display whatever text you believe is of importance. As you can see, Outlook problems and help texts always have different workarounds for individual problems.